Rachel is 17





Rachel invited me and some other girls along to her 17th birthday party.  Not only did she invite me, but she also asked me to photograph the occasion.  How could I resist?  Of course, I said 'yes!'.

We built a fort with newspapers (a favourite past-time), climbed a tree house, sat and nestled cozily under a gazebo and watched red flames lick the logs while rain drizzled down.  After paper was torn (presents revealed) and a scrumptious snack was devoured, we bundled up in our coats and slid on our shoes.  Most of us were on chairs by the crackling fire, roasting marshmallows on freshly-found sticks. A hazy deep blue pasted itself across the sky and firelight bled into the earth and illuminated our laughing faces.  Her party was lovely, spilling with light and laughter, good food and lovely people. 

In short, we had a very (very) good time. 

xx 

12 comments

  1. Girly, your pictures and words simply sink into my heart. I love, love, love the way you capture moods in your writing without spending your words on explanations.

    If that made sense :)

    I love you and all of this. Have the bestest Saturday, dear!
    --

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, I really can't tell you how wonderful this is - how wonderful you are. Tell you what, I'm going to fly you out for my 17th birthday to Cali, and you can photograph the magic kingdom {Disneyland}, k? *smiles*
    love ya | grace
    poscript :: HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU BE SO TALENTED WITH WORDS?!!! SERIOUSLY YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *TOTALLY* want to come to Disneyland and photograph your sweet 17th birthday! If only England wasn't so far away. :(

      Blessings,

      Acacia

      postscript: You're so incredibly encouraging and sweet!! Love you. :)

      Delete
  3. this sounds like so much fun. and i really love your photography style!
    ps- your little sidebar icons are fantastic. i'm guessing that you drew them? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! And in answer to your question, I didn't draw the sidebar images; Oscar and Ruby made them (link and credit at the bottom of this page). :-)

      Have a lovely day!

      Acacia

      Delete
  4. this looks like so much fun! I am so going to have to build a fort with newspapers sometime! and your photography is so raw. you captured everything perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so fun! lovely photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely photos:)

    www.cherrydaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool :) its a lovely post :)

    ~Sartika Pusl

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks adorable and fun. :)

    I'm a new follower, you have a cute blog here...

    xo,
    RN

    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ps- I was just reading your FAQ, and I know exactly how it is to not be able to post pictures of yourself... I don't know how you feel about it, but for me, I hated it.

    Hence why I recently got permission (finally) to post pictures of me and my family online (yessss!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! Yes, I really do wish I could post photos of myself sometimes... it's hard knowing that my readers basically have NO idea what I look like!

      xxx

      Delete